Friday, November 9, 2007

Drivers Folder

If you have not started working with MS Deployment please, please, please do yourself a favor and make you a drivers folder just for the drivers that you plan to add to your Vista builds. Then when you make that folder come up with a way to know exactly what drivers you have in the folder and what they are for.

When I first started out with BDD (now MS Deployment) I did not do that. I had every intention of doing that, but I did not. I was so eager to get my hands dirty that I put a couple of the drivers that I needed for my test machine somewhere and got to work. Since then I've updated BDD a couple times and I've been asked to add these drivers and make a PE boot disc so we can do some other things and I no longer know what drivers I have and where they are. Don't do that to yourself when it will only take a few extra seconds to be organized from the start.

No comments: